Are you interested in joining Sea Scouts? To join, you must be a Girl or Boy, at least 14yo (or 13 and finished the 8th grade) but not yet turned 21.
If you are already a Boy Scout, you can belong to BOTH Sea Scouts and your Troop. Or you can continue working towards Eagle in the Ship if you are already at least 1st Class. Both or just one – it’s your choice. The Ship will help coordinate with your Scoutmaster.
- Complete the BSA Application.
- Current Scouts (registered with the BSA in a Troop or Crew) should complete a paper application.
- NEW scouts joining the BSA for the first time, or after an absence, should apply online.
- Contribute financially. (The Budget is public.)
- See “How much does it cost” for more information.
- Get a uniform. Visit the Uniforms Page for more information about uniforms.
- Get a Sea Scout Manual. The PDF is available, but a paper copy is needed for rank advancement.
- Get involved! Go sailing, motorboating, canoeing, camping, even flying – the program is nearly unlimited.
Not old enough? Look into being a Midshipman.